Thursday, February 28, 2019

Senior Portfolio Spring Week 5

Senior Portfolio Post 5
2/28/19

For this week, I had a bit of "animator's block" and had a bit of trouble figuring out what to work on.  I was not quite motivated to continue work on previous projects early on, and instead opted to start a new animation first.
This new animation focuses on a single character going into a slide underneath a barrier.  This was created more haphazardly without much reference to go off of.  That is certainly one thing I will focus on later if need be.  Once critiques come in, I hope this could spark some new ideas connected.  One particular challenge was the multilateral transition from upright standing/running down into the actual slide.  As the LEGO character doesn't bend like a normal humanoid, rules must be broken, and illusion of motion must be utilized.  Certain pieces also have to be put in unnatural positions to make the movement readable.

https://youtu.be/NY1W9PdMrO0


After starting on the previous animation, I decided to go back to my project from a couple of weeks ago.  The boot-up of the mech with the character entering was a good start, and I wanted to go further with it.  Taking in critiques from the last session, I made adjustments to animations in places such as the arms, character entrance, cage fluctuation, and arm weight.  I also wanted to work on a better rig system for the legs, as they are not in inverse kinematics.  Applying new knowledge from rigging, I did a preliminary setup for the feet and leg movement that is somewhat independent of the main build, while still functioning with the mech as a whole.  It will need much more work, but so far it works better than expected.

https://youtu.be/W4k6vNcQ-Ng


https://youtu.be/nvxLj3aO6ns



No comments:

Post a Comment