Thursday, November 1, 2018

Senior Portfolio Fall Week 9

Senior Portfolio Post 9
11/1/2018


This week I have begun work on a couple new animation projects.  The first one is a wall jump and flip, and the second is a dive sequence.  Both of these scenes take notes from previous projects and will be utilizing the Lego character models.  The wall jump will take priority, and will be the main focus of work for the next couple of weeks.  The dive animation will serve as a buffer in between periods of work.

So far, the wall jump has been blocked out and splined as per usual.  The main points I want to practice with this animation are contact poses, lateral movement of a character, and fluidity of motion.  I am taking a couple of pointers from references, and ultimately I want to adapt the scene to the style of my previous projects.  The toughest challenges I foresee for this animation are the speed and overlap, which could go many ways in trying to get the best reading by the audience.  I would prefer to keep this scene short and simple for the sake of consistency.  I certainly do not want this to drag on for too long.  The following is my progress for this week.

https://youtu.be/YpGFHil9-wI



The dive animation has only been blocked out at this point.  The key poses have been laid out, with more reference on the way.  I think this animation will be helpful to my practice because it calls for more dynamic poses which may prove difficult with the characters I am using.  I may come up with some creative shortcuts to translate the type of motion over into animation.


https://youtu.be/H8b-VwYEbpE





No comments:

Post a Comment