Saturday, December 4, 2021

Modeling Project: UA Livestream Set

 Modeling Project -  UA Livestream Set

 November 2021

 

As tribute to a YouTube channel called Unus Annus, I wanted to recreate the setup for the finale livestream to the best of my abilities in Blender. The premise is fairly simple and achievable. Only a few props are set up and were easy to visualize and potentially replicate in 3D. This was a very fun passion project that provided the perfect balance of challenge to my modeling skills, and drive to succeed as a fan's piece of artwork.





This project only took a few days to complete, broken up across two weeks. Overall, I would estimate it took around 10 hours from start to finish. Each component was easy to define and build sequentially. The props of note were: the chairs(cushions as a single piece and the bar frame), the coffin (base, handles, and lid), the back spiral, the TV(with text), the table, the flower bouquets (with corresponding letter shapes), the top-hat, and the pocket-watches. Additionally, I tried to match the floor and back wall textures. All of the above were modeled from scratch by myself, and almost all textures were done by myself as well with the exception of the spiral design. This was a big teaching moment for how textures and lighting work.

With the final render finished, I think it turned out better than I could have hoped for. There is still a lot for me to learn about rendering and scene composition, but everything I wanted to get done was checked off the list.


Memento Mori



 

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment