Saturday, December 4, 2021

Modeling Project: The Android Sent By CyberLife

 Modeling Project: The Android Sent By CyberLife

 November 2021

 

After the first rigged low-poly models, I wanted to branch out and make more from other franchises and media. Next up is a character from the game Detroit: Become Human: Connor RK800. The android with a mission to hunt down deviants is another of my favorites, and they have a very distinct and iconic design. Using the same methods as the previous projects, I modeled out, rigged, and rendered some cool shots with a fairly functional final product. I set out to make these first three renders, with more to come. The first depicts the character under two lights representing the choice of what path to go down, and the two others depict each path taken.




This project has been in development for a while, and while still not done entirely, I feel like this is a good point to step off and regroup. I fully intend on returning for more. As a result, I can only recall the more recent developments (I'll hopefully do a full write-up later on). This portion, which includes the rigging, weight-painting, shading, and posing/rendering) took only a few sessions of work, ranging 10-12 hours spread across two weeks. Everything aside from the watermarks was composited in the main Blender file.

 


Contrasting the Daughters Dimitrescu, this character is much more conservative and clean-cut in silhouette. As a result, I was faced with different challenges such as forming hair, ears, and a formal suit and tie. The defining adornments for the character are very sleek and integrated. Everything fits together, so nothing hangs out or lays on its own. This project also helped me learn about lighting and emission shaders, which I made good use of for the armband and LED on the forehead.

 

 

I plan to return to this project with more renders and animations. For now I am happy to reach something of a goal point since I was struggling to get back into things. I would certainly like to test the boundaries of a low-poly model like this, and perhaps recreate some scenes from the source material with my own added flare. 

 

Until next time.

 

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment