Friday, April 22, 2022

Animation Project: Hagah-nimations

Animation Project - Hagah-nimations

December 2021 - February 2022

 


Now that I have finished (for now) the rigs for the Hagah characters last year, I had to take the next step and try out some animations with the gang. Over the past few months, I have been posting my progress on video game-esque sequences and more for each of the characters. Very experimental, but also a fun way to stress-test the work I've basically made from scratch.

For all of the progress reports, check out my Twitter @Nickocng.

 


 

 I set out to make a set of 10 animation sequences: walk, run, jump, idle, attack, block, counter, dash, elemental, and stun. Additionally, I made a few establishing animations portraying the use of mask powers, which were structured more like cinematics. It was particularly challenging to think of how each of these six individuals would look doing the same actions. They need to have some sense of uniformity, but also need some personality of their own, otherwise they might as well all use the same animation.  Some move faster or slower than the rest. Some have more flair and finesse in their movements, while others are toned down and move with fluidity. All of this was really interesting to consider throughout the entire process. I had some sense of how they should act, but there was also a far few gaps to fill in with my own concepts of how they should act.

I am currently taking a break from this project, so stay tuned.




No comments:

Post a Comment