Saturday, March 20, 2021

Animation Project: Dialogue #01 - Part 2

 

 Animation Project - Dialogue #01

Part 2 - Refining Mouth Animation

March 2021

 The turnover for this progress report was pretty fast, as I mainly finished up the second and third segments of syncing, then strung them all together. After that, I went back through to refine the timing and streamline the breaks and flow. Now the full mouth animation is complete, aside from a few more tweaks I may make once I begin animating the rest of the body. So far, the pacing is still a bit fast, but it is much more readable and relative to the audio. The rig I have used for this project is the Polly rig from NoisyChain on Turbosquid.


After seeing how the first segment turned out, I had better foresight going into the completion of the other segments. The first was particularly fast-paced and hard to read at certain frames. As a result, I tried my hardest to slow down the key frames, and maximized my time allotted for each spoken phrase. However, with so much dialogue going through so fast, it was hard to determine which movements were major enough to stay, and which were unnecessary in the long run. After having cut out what I could, the animation has cleared up substantially. For now, it is workable, and I will move on, but there is still some timing to take care of, as well as some further cuts potentially.

For now, I am leaving the mouth animations as they are. I feel that in order to refine it even more requires playing to the camera rather than nailing down the minute details that might not even show through in the end. So, I will be moving onto the blocking for the whole body animations next. Hopefully that will give me new perspective on making this animation even better.






 

 

 

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment